Friday, April 2, 2010

Just Do You


Okay...first off...I wear my hair natural. Does that mean I think everyone should? No, it doesn't....Does that mean I think everyone could? Yes, I do. But that isn't what this is about...this is about the different standards of beauty and how beautiful we as Black women really are. Yes I know we are much more than our hair, but this picture of Yaya with her hair puffed out in all its glory is smoking!!! I love her big healthy hair!!!! Hear me now (well read, but you get it) I am not one of those "Nappy Nazi" types that think all Black women should cut off their processed hair. Not at all. I appreciate all types of beauty. I just wish more sisters did the same. Ladies...we really are beautiful...all of us. A little later down the road I will share my journey to natural hair and how I came to accept the person in the mirror. We may all have our cycles of self esteem issues (for the most part I am your average vain Leo, but there are times when I don't feel as gorgeous as I should...that was a joke...the vain part...well a little) but we should never allow someone else to determine how we feel about ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment